Koreu’s latest vision about a crossover has been materialized in the form of Mazda Koeru Concept. It’s been built upon KODO designing language, a new and trendy innovation which supposedly captures the “soul of motion”. The upcoming model is a personification of Mazda’s soul engineering beliefs. It’s sleek and indomitable in its design, promising to deliver performance that takes it beyond the realm of ordinary.
The concept car which was unveiled at the Frankfurt auto show 2015 made an impression on its subtle aerodynamic form that promotes the stability of this vehicle by supporting air inflow. A newly integrated vibration and noise suppressing technology help the driver to enjoy a smoother and pleasurable ride.
Mazda Koreu Concept: Exterior and Interior Features
- Mazda Koeru Concept has many features to boast up.A fascinating feature is undoubtedly its striking appearance which bears a resemblance to Mazda new and favorite designing language. The car is made to stand out in the crowd and from the response, the concept car has already received; it can be asserted that Mazda will succeed in their mission.
- Typical front grille holds on to its place, and Mazda’s ever growing love for slim headlights has well manifested in this model as well. Consequently, the Koeru Mazda looks much aggressive, much like a predator ready to pounce.
- The Concept of Koeru is also quite small its height which emphasizes sleek body language of this car, making it look longer than its actual view. However, sources believe that the production model will not be as weak as the concept is when the height of the crossover is concerned.
- Huge wheels are out of the scenario for this particular edition of Koeru, but a stylish one can certainly be expected. Apart from that, a thesloped roof was a part of Mazda Koeru Concept designing language. The rear end of this car has a trademark hatchback
- As for the interior of Mazda Koeru Concept, nothing particularly significant was revealed by the manufacturer. Either it has got no exceptional feature which needs to be highlighted, or Mazda is waiting for the right time to spill the beans and induce demand.
However, what is known about the interiors of the upcoming Koeru is that it’ll be quite similar to that of Mazda 6. So it would not be wrong to expect all features available in Mazda 6 to be present inside Koeru as well.
Mazda Koeru Concept: Powertrain/ Fuel Economy
Just like integral features, the powerhouse of this Mazda Koeru Concept is still a mystery. Nothing but predictions are being offered for the time being. The probable units are an inline-4 2.5-liter engine generating 184 hp with 185 lb-ft of torque.
A more powerful engine is also being expected which is also a 2.5-liter unit, same as the one used in Mazda 3 MPS. This second one is capable of delivering 250 hp. Six-speed manual/ automatic transmission will be available, and it’ll possibly arrive at FWD configurations.
It’s still too early to speak about the fuel economy since it’s only still a concept.
Mazda Koeru Concept: Possible Competitors, Price, and Release Date
Koeru largely shares its designing language with Mazda CX-3 and Mazda CX-5. It might also turn out to be a potential competitor to Porsche Macan and BMW X4 since it’s a similar kind of crossover but comes at a much lower price. The base model developed from Mazda Koeru Concept might be priced nearly $27,000 and probably the car will be launched by Mazda before the end of 2016.