The 2017 Jeep Scrambler is going to be the latest installment from Jeep. This company never fails to surprise fans with their automobiles and expect nothing less from their next model. Since it a whole new model and it does not have any predecessors, there will be a lot at stake. The 2017 Jeep Scrambler borrows its concept from Jeep Wrangler which uses the same platform. New features presented in this van will have many off-road driving features. Engine is going to be powerful for the use of diesel.
2017 Jeep Scrambler: Powertrain
The Jeep pickup designers are going to explore various engines before setting up the most effective unit that will suit this vehicle. According to recent speculation, it is reported that they have finalized on using a diesel drawn engine. These engines have well off road handling options and are equally powerful on roads as well.
Keeping in mind the cost of diesel, another petrol variant might also be used which comes at a much cheaper cost. Power output of these engines will be based on turbochargers. Rumors say that this engine is going to have 3.6 liter capacity and will have a true output of 260 lb-ft torque.
According to critics, towing capabilities of this vehicle will be restricted because of its less torque and power output. Transmission is going to be six-speed but it there is no news on whether it will be manual or automatic. Suspension unit will be able to cope with heavy duties and hence it will improve 2017 Scrambler’s aerodynamics as well as performances.
2017 Jeep Scrambler: Impressive Designs and Features
The 2017 Jeep Scrambler will have designs based on the current platform of Jeep. This means that:
- Grille is going to have seven slots.
- Headlights will be enhanced and are going to be placed just in front of the grille. This is going to cover the grille to some extent.
- Cargo storing space is going to be enough for anyone’s needs.
- The real surprise lies in its cabin. There will be two cabins in Jeep Scrambler.
- To make rides quite and peaceful, noise and vibration protectors have been used.
- Seats have been designed with special technology that detects temperature drop.
- Leather seats are very comfortable to sit on and have automatic heating sensors.
- Rear view mirrors are going to have automatic dimming features that will reduce glares and hence reduce chances of accidents.
- Navigation unit will have LED support and voice controlling feature.
- Smartphones are going to be compatible within this new model that will have free calls.
- Bluetooth audio feature will also be accessible.
- Lane guidance will be available that will inform the drivers to take slow turns so that there is no skidding off.
- Anti-lock brakes will be available.
- Hill/descent and ascent controls will assist the drivers.
- Airbags will prevent the passengers from severe injuries.
2017 Jeep Scrambler: Release Date and Price
Latest rumor suggests that 2017 Jeep Scrambler will be launched in the market by the end of 2016. But dates might change and release might be postponed to 2017. Price range will be higher than Jeep Wrangler and is expected to start from $40,000.